Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

What Year is this Breitling Chronograph? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello,

Picked up this Breitling Chronograph, Seems pretty much New, Dial& Movement are immaculate....Has original band. Paid less than $1000.00 for it, from Estate sale. Any info regarding model Name and Year produced would be helpful. I am pretty much a Pocket Watch collector.

Thank you,
Sean

Posts: 105 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona USA | Registered: December 20, 2005
posted
Movement:

posted
Back of case:

posted
Insideback:

posted
Original band/strap:

posted
Sean

I'm a pocket watch man too and the Breitling world is real confusing so this is just an approach.

Breitling Navitimer 806; movement venus 178

Navitimer of the 1st Generation:

black subdials; B Breitling Geneve
AOPA wings: Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
806 on the case
pearl beads on the bezel
time 1955 -1963

hope someone knows more precise

Regards Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
posted
Sean

The first dating attempt i made on your watch was just on the visible details as i showed.

new information : the pre 1978 Breitlings can be dated with help of the serial number. Chronographs and non-chronographs have different number lines. I think in case of Breitling it must be the number in the caseback (Breitling used different movements - this makes numbers on the movement useless). If my assumption is true the number 930091 says manufactured 1960.

Regards Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

In addition to Gerald's very helpful information here is a really interesting display...

CLICK FOR: "Breitling Navitimer 806 I love that watch!"

The one most similar to yours seems to be from around 1960 as Gerald suggested.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Sean that,s a beauty i have bid on 4 different examples of this watch on ebay the last few weeks and so far not bought one ..your is much better than any i have seen lately..and i can tell you it,s a steal at less than a 1000.00..This watch and the Omega moon watch are my favorites.. Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Sean,

Can you describe the symbol under the balance cock is it a star or something else (photo?) and does that say 9711 below, any chance of a photo from side showing crown and bezel.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003