Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

who made this movement "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Can someone tell me which company made this movement,,i need to order a winding stem for it..

it is marked gensler & lee # l9f490 also marked 6zr on the balance cock..

Thanks in adavance. Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
under the dial

posted
Samie,

That's a tough one alright. The rotor table is pretty unusual, and I've never seen another with an offset regulator set-up like that.

There appears to be some writing on the top side of the barrel. Can you make that out?

Cary

Posts: 267 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama USA | Registered: December 12, 2005
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
Cary
Thanks for looking i can,t figure this one out either and your right a unusally regulator,,that,s open you see writing on the Barrel ..also has what looks like a solid gold balance.

This is a nice watch in a 14k js case and a beautiful Diamond dial.

posted
I think I found it!

It seems to be a Zodiac movement from the late 1960's. More information can be found here:

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&Zodiac_70

I found some other information that suggests that Gensler & Lee was a jeweler in the San Francisco area. The mark on the movement looks more like a "GZR", which is probably the import code.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa

Posts: 19 | Location: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: September 07, 2006
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
Evan thank you so much for the information i know you have spend quite a bit of time finding the info and i do appreciate it.

I think you have it right thaks to you i now know what to look for in a stem.
thanks again

posted
Samie -

No problem at all. I've found so much valuable information about Hamiltons on this site.

It's nice to be able to give back once in a while.

Take care,
Evan

Posts: 19 | Location: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: September 07, 2006
posted
Evan beat me to the punch! I was in my Zodiac box today and recognized that regulator from this post the other day. The movement I was checking on was a power reserve model but the basic movement was a Schild 1225 (I think!).Others in the box (I recall a 70-72, but three others too) all had that same regulator. Anyway, it's easy to find in Bestfit under Zodiac. The stem should be easy to find but, if not, I could help. Gensler-Lee is an old S.F.jewelery retailer.
-Cort

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004
posted
Samie:

I have a plastic box full of swiss stems, I would like to think one of them could fit that movement. Many kinds are in the box. If you have trouble finding the right stem. You could have my box full and try to find one to fit.

Dan

Posts: 391 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: April 20, 2006
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
Thanks Cort and Daniel for your help and Daniel thanks for the offer on the parts..I have ordered a stem..I am going to buy a more up to date Besfit book the ones i now use don,t cover movements past the mid 50,s or so... Smile