• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help Me Please Identify this Harry Winston "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Please Help me Identify the Approximate Year and Model of this Solid 18K Gold Harry Winston Automatic Watch with Leather Band. I was told that this watch retailed for over $14,000. It is in nearly perfect condition as you can see in the photos. On the back of the watch is inscribed the following: Swiss Made, Harry Winston, 001030124, Automatic, WaterResistant, 750, HW. Thanks for your help! I picked it up in a major auction recently and it works perfectly and keeps perfect time, but I need to know year and model. Thanks so much! Smile
The photos of this can be seen at:
18K Gold Harry Winston

John F. Murray

Posts: 48 | Location: Palm Beach, Florida in the USA | Registered: April 28, 2008
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Check out the center watch, not exactly like yours but the case is the same.
PREMIER

The Harry Winston Premier Bi-retrograde Watch (model 200/MABI 37 RL) comes in a rose gold case, with leather strap. This watch features automatic movement, with bi-retrograde seconds and day of week display. Price by request.

http://www.luxurywatches101.com/luxury-watches/harry-winston.aspx

This is what it says:

"Talk to me Harry Winston, tell me all about it," sang Marilyn Monroe in Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend. Indeed, Harry Winston is a legend in the world of jewelry, often referred to as "The King of Diamonds," worn by royalty and Hollywood stars. Harry Winston has designed many one-of-a-kind pieces counted among the world's famous diamonds and jewels.

Harry Winston passed away in 1978, and his son Ronald took the helm. In 1989, Ronald Winston brought out the brand's first collection of watches, The Ultimate Timepiece. The company has taken on haute horology with gusto, frequently introducing magnificent additions to its own legend and the history of timepieces.

Warranty
Harry Winston watches are warranted by Harry Winston to the original purchaser to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for a period of one year from the date of purchase.

Harry Winston Product Line
The Harry Winston Avenue Collection (model 310-LQGL-D2.2) is a women's watch featuring an 18K yellow gold case with a diamond (0.90K) bezel, on a leather strap. It also features a mother-of-pearl dial and quartz movement. It lists for $12,892.
The Harry Winston Premier Bi-retrograde Watch (model 200/MABI 37 RL) comes in a rose gold case, with leather strap. This watch features automatic movement, with bi-retrograde seconds and day of week display. Price by request.
The Harry Winston Ocean Collection Watch (model 400/MCADV 39 featured) comes with an automatic movement chronograph and has water resistance to 300 feet. The case is a 39 mm platinum beauty. Price by request.
The Harry Winston Signature 7 Watch (model HQ/HJ 286 pictured) is part of the series that was the house's first foray into horology in 1989. This model features 38K white gold case, dial and bracelet set with 428 white diamonds. Quartz movement. Price by request.

Other Harry Winston Series
The Harry Winston Men's Avenue Chronogrpahs are another beautiful design with rectangular subdials speckled with diamonds.

The Perpetual Calendar Minute Repeater made its debut in 1995.

The Premier collection features technical excellence. A recent addition to this series is the Excenter, so named because of the off-centered position of its two counters.

You can see the picture of the watches on the site.

Pretty high dollar watches for sure. EVERYTHING I found said they are all Works of Art and made of the best quality.

Great find, but it will take a lot more research to find out the date and model, I will check out more, and let you know.

Sheila

harry-winston-premier

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
The case looks the same to me, and I sure would like to know more about these. Gorgeous!

Sheila

harry10w

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
thanks Sheila! You are helping. I appreciate it.
John

John F. Murray

Posts: 48 | Location: Palm Beach, Florida in the USA | Registered: April 28, 2008
posted
Watch is from the early to mid '90's. Very expensive but is mainly the Winston name since they would be buying their movement from some Swiss company like ETA, Piquet (now a Swatch company also). Case style not my cup of tea but would be irrelevant at that price level.

Posts: 292 | Location: Vancouver, Washington, USA | Registered: May 19, 2005
posted
thanks Michael! I just found out today a little more by having a top Harry Winston rep actually look at it. He said that this watch is comparable today with the Harry Winston Premier Collection Excenter Model watch which retails for $16,400 ... ouch!! You can see the same design/style in the case of today's model. This watch was part of the "Times Square" series in the mid-late 1990s, 18K Yellow gold with an alligator band. To see photos of the Excenter watch, go to their main site.

John F. Murray