• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bullova accutron "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a bullova accutron which I got new in 1967. it has 2 numbers on the back, D34301 and M7. what battery does it take and does it have any value, thanks, Peter Elmendorf

Posts: 4 | Location: Saratoga Springs, New York in the USA | Registered: February 05, 2013
IHC Member 1016
posted
The M7 is the year of manufacture, 196(7). The other is serial number. You may wish to read Lindell's narrative on these watches. If it is a 214 it probably has more value than the 218 but that is a broad generalization.

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
posted
if you need a battery let me know I can get them

Posts: 5101 | Location: Buffalo, New York in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2009
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Mike Hodge's recommended you read Lindell's narrative. Here are links to two of those topics...

"The Amazing Bulova Accutron"

ACCUTRON, BASIC TOOLS AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION

With this important information...
quote:

If the energy cell is just once put in your Accutron the wrong way it will instantly take out the coils. Very expensive repairs! Always remember, the Accutron Tuning Fork Watches use the energy cell PLUS SIDE IN which is the opposite of most other battery powered watches. Remember this and be careful.

Smile

Posts: 5222 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
posted
thanks to all of you for your help, I do need a battery in reply to Andy Schwartz

Posts: 4 | Location: Saratoga Springs, New York in the USA | Registered: February 05, 2013
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Peter,
For the 214 I use a 387S energizer--Plus side in.
For the 218 I use a 344 energizer--Plus side in.
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
If there is a Batteries Plus in your area, they carry both of those batteries.They are a good source.

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
posted
we need to know is it a 214 or 218?

Posts: 5101 | Location: Buffalo, New York in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2009
posted
thanks again to everyone, how do I tell if it is a 214 or a 218

posted
crown on side or time set on back? on back is a 214

posted
Andy,time set on back, let me know what the protocol is for ordering a battery from you, thanks again, Peter