Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Accutron service "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Hello all!

I’m not needing it right now, but for future reference, does anyone know of a reliable watchmaker who does general service for Accutron tuning fork watches such as the 214, and also doesn’t charge an arm and a leg?

I find folks all the time who post watches for sale who have Bulova certification and all the proper tools to do the work, but when approached about a possible COA they hide.

My 214 was rebuilt several years ago, but my watchmaker no longer does that work, so I’m looking for someone for future reference if/when mine needs a COA. I’d hate to have to put it in a drawer if it fails.

Any suggestions?

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Hello Mark,

I am sure you know that Lindell has previously warned people to avoid utilizing a jewelry store that simply replaces batteries because
unlike other battery powered watches, with an Accutron, the cell goes plus side in. If the battery is put in wrong it will kill the watch completely.

Doing a Google Search I find this listing for...

Accutron Official Watch Site

... where one finds the following information

Attn: Accutron Dept R
1000 W. 190th St
Torrance, CA 90502-1040

Phone (866) 419-8463
Hours Monday to Friday 10am - 7pm (ET)

However, I can not vouch for them.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 5222 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002