Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

thewatchstore.com re-opens; 37 new watches "Click" to Login or Register 
Wristwatch Expert

posted
Dear Chapter 185 members:

The summer is almost over, and thewatchstore is re-opening with a bang for the fall. I hadn't intended on re-opening until Sept. 1, but I'm pushing this back about a week because I'm traveling to the Dearborn regional Sept. 6 and I want you folks to have a chance to look at the goods before I go.

There's 37 new pieces for you to look at. And they're all for sale. (Hey, this isn't a museum I'm running here!) This is largest single new listing ever undertaken by your's truly. There's almost $8,000 worth of watches here, priced from $99 to $495. The term "something for everyone" is way overused in today's market, but in this case it's absolutely true. Take your time and have a look. Here's a summary of what you'll find:

Bulovas: 3 of them, including a WWII military (Marine Corps); an art deco from the '20s; and a killer hinged lug driver watch.

Cabot: UK military watch with proper ordnance markings. You gotta love those Brits; they can pick good watches.

Character: Dale Evans. You'll be singing "Happy Trails" when you see the awesome case and dial on this one.

Clebar: the one and only chronograph I managed to snag during the summer is a beaut. It's got the original bracelet and everything.

Elgins: 4 of them. A rare 24-hour military model (hands go around once every 24 hours); a cut corner from the '20s; a contract case from the '20s; and the sweetest little driver's watch you ever saw. No, not the hinged lug model you've seen a hundred times. This is a stationary lug, radically bent to only wear on the side of the wrist. Awesome.

Geneve: 18kt solid gold, just $200. Am I nuts, or what?

Girard Perregaux: pink and steel Gyromatic. Definitely the star of this show and the most expensive watch at $495. It'll disappear quickly, I'm sure.

Gruens: 2 of them. A Pan Am model; and a round 14kt with waffle dial -- one of the neatest Gruens I've ever seen.

Hamiltons: lucky 7. Four of them are automatics, including one with the coveted Buren micro-rotor movement. Also a Darrell and Grenedier II (one of the coolest Hamiltons ever made). And finally, a killer lady's model in 14kt solid gold white with some substantial diamonds in the bezel.

LeCoultre: 2 of them, including an elegant black dial dress model.

Longines: stainless round with black dial.

Lord Elgin: 3 of them, including a really neat slant case model from the '50s.

Movado: a round model in 18kt gold. Just $295 ... another screamin' bargain.

Tavannes: a driver's watch, the coolest you ever saw. Can be for a man or a woman.

Universal Geneve: Monodatic. That's an automatic with a date. Did Universal pick some nutty model names, or what?

Waltham: 3 of them, including a post-WWII military; a killer '20s large case in green gold filled; and another killer early transition watch with wire lugs.

Wittnauer: A rectangle with center mounted hooded lugs.

So if you want to cut to the chase and get right to the watches, click on the link below:

thewatchstore

Thanks for your kind attention.

Posts: 84 | Location: Evansville, Wisconsin USA | Registered: April 30, 2005
Wristwatch Expert

posted
correct link to the watchstore.com:

thewatchstore

Sorry about that

Posts: 84 | Location: Evansville, Wisconsin USA | Registered: April 30, 2005