WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Can anyone help where the value of this Hamilton might be headed? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1749
posted
I bought this piece a couple of years ago , where would its value be today, where is its value be headind as it is a rare coveted American wristwatch, any opinions?

Posts: 56 | Location: Massachusetts in the USA | Registered: November 13, 2012
IHC Member 1749
posted
sorry I wasn't able to edit fast enough, on my original post, I was wondering where people think values are headed for any type of piece like this, its way too small for a man to wear, great fit for a women, but just a beautiful design,from the Depression era.

IHC Life Member
posted
Sharp watch. I'm a sucker for these art deco styles, but as you say they're just too small to be worn these days by men (at least by me).

From what I've seen values vary wildly depending on desirability and case (obviously solid gold watches fetch more).

Posts: 995 | Location: Pleasanton, California in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2012
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
William
Look at page 830 in the 2012 watch guide. If your watch is gold it is worth a lot of money.
It looks like the Hamilton SPUR from about 1929. There were some swiss owners who made a reproduction in 1992. They made 992 watches in 18k solid gold.
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC Member 1183
posted
There was one of these Spur models at the WWT show in Florida last year priced at $5000.00. I prefer larger-sized watches but consider this watch to possibly be a "holy grail" Hamilton.

Posts: 2121 | Location: St. Peters, Missouri in the USA | Registered: September 17, 2008
IHC Member 1749
posted
Its a 1929 14k yellow gold Spur I paid over $5000

posted
small or large, I wear a 9oz massive breitling and I would rent this bad boy for $100.00 for one day. It is impressive. It is a collectable not just a watch, a true investment item. Nice watch William.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Buffalo, New York in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2009
IHC Member 1749
posted
This has been described as a Holy grail of Hamiltons a K-475 with a very rare original bracelet

IHC Life Member
Picture of Donald Trumble
posted
You have some great ones William, such watches are a worthwhile investment and only going up in value, there really is no limit to where these and all top condition, rare examples are going.

To answer your question with a question, how high is up?

Congratulations!

Don

Posts: 504 | Location: Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: April 02, 2005
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
prices will be going up and up on some more on some less.
I sold vintage clebar chronograph for over $1700
guess the price in 1960s for it?

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 1749
posted
Thanks guys ,my problem is I like them all but I have to decide to keep the ones that will go up!