• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

50's Hamilton Fans....... "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Here is ony of my favorite 50's Hamilton watches that I own. Nothing much unusual about it besides the 10K solid white gold case.

Adam

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
The "TURNER" appears on page 25 of the 1953 Hamilton catalog, at a price of $100, in yellow or white gold - so the color was available retail.

Dan

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
posted
Dan,

Thanks for the info. Must not have been very popular. It is only the second White Gold example I have seen of the Turner.

Adam

IHC Life Member
posted
It was probably the white gold that was not, by the 1950's, very popular. Many 1930's Hamiltons were made in white gold or gold-fill.

dan

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
posted
Dan,

Thanks for the reply. In your 50's catalog, if you have the time to look, do you notice any other models being offered in solid white gold? Just wondering what else I need to be looking for in white........ from the 50's. Big Grin I have a few earlier catalogues, but nothing from the 50's

Adam

IHC Life Member
posted
From the 1953 catalog there is, in white solid gold, ----

Kirk, Turner, Glenn, Robert
----------------------------------

From 1950 catalog there is ---

Brock.
----------------------------------

There will be others, not cataloged, like the Piping Rock, and some made to special order. Also some rarities were made in Platinum - e.g. Cambridge and Rutledge.

Contrast this against the 1930's solid gold Tonneau, where only 93 were made in yellow, but nearly 3000 in white, or in gold-fill where 1907 were in ygf, wheras 38283 were in wgf.

Dan.

posted
Dan,

Thanks for the list of others listed in White. I do appreciate it!

Adam

Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
posted
1960 Flight I. Close to the 50's....real close!

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198
Life Member# 17

Posts: 813 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: January 22, 2003
posted
Bill,

Thanks for the post and beautiful watch! I knew some of you had to have some later Hamiltons! Big Grin

Adam