Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Glycine automatic question "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
I have this Glycine Compressor Automatic wrist watch that I bought while doing my thing in south east asia in 1966. It has been through rain, mud, dust, swamps, and other things that will remain nameless.
It stoped running years ago and I had it cleaned at the time. It ran for a while then stopped and started off and on. Finally I put it in with the rest of my memorabilia and forgot about it.
My question to anyone who cares to answer is, is it worth a good COA? It is sitting on the desk running as I type, so it can't be in to bad a shape. I cannot remember what I paid for it at the time, and I do not know what the jewel count is.
Thanks
Ed

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Ed,

I think you have already answered that question for yourself, often its not the immediate intrinsic value or any number of jewels that holds any importance as I expect you have no intention of sale, more so it’s the importance of restoration of fond memories long since past that holds the key to it s true value.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
posted
Well Said, Chris!!

Posts: 1078 | Location: Ticonderoga, New York USA | Registered: March 01, 2008
posted
I like these EPSA cased watches. The cases are very well made. Is yours a screw- or snap-back? Does the crown have the cross-hatching? Nice watch!

Posts: 88 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Chris,
It appears you have the uncanny ability to read between the lines.
I believe it is time to resurect this old soldier!
Would you do me the honor?

Scott, it has the cross-hatch, but the platting is worn off the end of the crown. If memory serves me it is a snap back.

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Ed
It would be a privilege, send it on down.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003