WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Wolfsburg dial VW monogrammed back Elgin cased and timed "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
a friend picked up a watch nicely jeweled and marked as the title indicated,the word "Wolfsburg" above the center post, VW factory stamped on the back ,the inside of the back marked Cased and timed by Elgin. It is manual wind 1950-70,I never saw one before and have found nothing online, on eBay or in the 2010 Shugart book ??? It has the look of a factory original advertising watch. Can anyone help me with information, thank you,Tom

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Sorry Tom, I don't quite know what you are asking for. Isn't it an watch from Volkswagen, their original factory was at Wolfsburg. So I think it is the equivalent of a private label that Elgin made for them.

I will gladly look for more if I can.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
yes Tom it must be a watch made by Elgin for Volkswagen, but I guess my friend wants to know are they rare valuable collectible sought after etc. and I can find nothing at all

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Ok Tom, I will search this out a little. Hop I didn't sound rude in my other response, I am having thinking problems today.

Tom

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
no problem Tom,it's probably not a great find, but I learned long ago that it's a mistake to take anything for granted, Smile LOL,thank you very much,Tom

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Tom

I haven't found a thing on this VW watch.

Tom

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Wolfsburg VW Monogrammed Elgin 720 GRADE 17 JEWEL PICTURE # 1 cased and timed by Elgin

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
VW #2

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
VW #3

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
VW Wolfsburg #4