Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Chinese Automaton wrist watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi all,
Have been away for awhile, long time since I have posted.
Here I have what I think is a very inexpensive watch, but here are some pictures and maybe you can tell me what I actually have. When it was first given to me and I thought it was likely a quartz movement, when I opened it, I found what I believe is a 19 jewel manual wind movement. The finish looked somewhat better than most of the Chinese watches I had seen (not many of course).
Again tell what you know and or think. It is an automaton watch as the arm moves up and down as the second hand moves. Has any one any knowledge of whom the maker might be ??
Anyhow here are the pictures.
Thanks,
Bill

Posts: 1278 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 19, 2008
posted

posted

posted
Maybe I should be asking can anyone interperate the writing on the back case ? I am interested in the maker and possibly the year of manufacture. Seeing as it appears to have a picture of Mao on the dial. It was interesting to myself because it was an automaton, seeing as the hand and arm moves between the 9 and 10 with every second.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Bill