Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

TWO MORE ILLINOIS RAISED FROM THE DEAD "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
Well not really raised from the dead both needed new forth wheels and I found the parts from my recent buy in Dearborn. The first is a square 15-jewel jobber case. I wish I knew who did the dial on this one. The second is a 21-jewel motor barrel white gold filled New Yorker. In both cases I have had the watches many years and am happy I now have them done. I do not have the words to say how pleased I am with this find. It looks as though I will get one more complete watch out of it. I will have to send the dial out on that one.

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

Posts: 896 | Location: New Jersey in the USA | Registered: December 16, 2002
IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted

IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted

IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted

IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
New Yorker

IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted

IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted

IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

Picture of Ron Birchall
posted
Those are real honeys Rich!

Posts: 388 | Location: Wheaton, Illinois U.S.A. | Registered: December 20, 2004
Picture of Joseph W. Robinson
posted
WoW Rich! Outstanding Resurrections... Beautiful Work!

Joseph W. Robinson

Posts: 150 | Location: Milan, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 20, 2005
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Rich,

Thank you for sharing those pictures!

Debbie

Smile

Posts: 5224 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
posted
Very nice indeed! I especially liked your 21 jewel motor barrel Illinois.

Posts: 785 | Location: Tijeras, New Mexico USA | Registered: July 12, 2005
posted
Rich,

I was in Dearborn -- and I am mad at myself for missing this Illinois junk box!!! LOL Actually, I just bought a solid gold engraved Square which SCREAMS FOR a dial like the great one you got there!! Do you think this was re-done or might it be NOS? It seems to have a silver outer circle on the second hand -- and I wonder if this might be NOS?? If so, good for you!! If you are selling these, please email me with prices for all 4. The 21 Jewel New Yorker was also a nice find!!

Regards,

Rick
rv78@hotmail.com

Rick

Posts: 141 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2005
IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
Rick,
There is no question that the dial is a re-do. I just wish I knew who did it. It is so good that if it was not marked with a job number on the back of the dial you would think NOS. The dial is all gold tone what you see in the picture might be a reflection. I have had this watch and the New Yorker for a long time (they did not come with the buy) both needed 4th wheels and the parts did come from the buy.
The way the deal came down is interesting as well. This box was bought in the first mins. of the show. I say bought but really it was agreed to be bought(not paid for). The fellow came to the seller at the end of the day and told him that he had spent all of his cash and asked to use a personal check. The seller whom I have known for many years does not take checks and did not know this guy and said no. As he was leaving for the day the seller past me and told me about the deal (he was not happy that this guy would do that after he told him earlier no checks). I asked him how much and paid him sight unseen right then. We went back to his table I got the box and took it out to my car. I really did not know what I was buying other than it was Illinois parts movemnts for wristwatches. The price was reasonable enough that I just did it. As I said earlier I didn't even look in the box until a week or so ago. Truth is I had forgot I bought it. Rick I don't think you missed it it was not out to be seen.
Thanks to everyone for your nice comments.
Rick thank you for the offer to buy them. I am not planing to sell any of them at this time but if the right offer came in I might. I know I won't sell the New Yorker at any price I have worn this for years with out he secound hand. It just looks good to me on my wrist.
This has been one of those finds that is much better than I thought when I did it. Nice to get one every once and a while.

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
All I can say is WOWOWOWOWOW!

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004