Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Pulsar Wrist Watches "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
Remember the Pulsar Quartz wrist watches?

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

I remember them Wayne, the ones I had are long gone now.

Are they still using the name? Most often recalled is the Hamilton Pulsar which caused quite a stir when it was introduced. In our "Find and Search" you'll find interesting references...

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums?a=search&reqWords=Pulsar

Our "Technical Library and Internet Site Links" has a fine Pulsar L.E.D. link...

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7186009181/m/1851063701

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
I found the ad in a 1988 magazine - have not seen the Pulsar name for many years. The one I remember most was the LED readout model, which I no longer have.

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Wayne,
some of the original PULSAR LED readout watches from around the middle 70's are quite collectible, especially the 14K models.

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
posted
For those who have a Pulsar wristwatch from the 70s the following info may be of some value

The battery used in these watches were 355 Union Carbide. These are difficult to find. In my Pulsar I now use Duracell PX625A

Frank Menez

Posts: 39 | Location: Somersworth, New Hampshire USA | Registered: February 18, 2005
posted
The Pulsar name is now (or was a couple years ago) part of Seiko. I have a Pulsar chrono/alarm that I got from the WalMart web page 2-3 years ago. The stop watch hand moves in increments of 1/5 second instead of jumping a second at a time and looks very much like a mechanical sweep second hand when operating.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002