WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Request for a watchmaker that can repair Vintage Bulova Accutrons "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi all, I am really searching for a person to repair my Bulova Accutron Astronaut MarkII.
I have had little success in BC, so now will go out of province, and to the US if necessary.
Thanks for any info,
Bill

Posts: 1278 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 19, 2008
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Bill,

Try contacting IHC Member Chris Abell I know he has in the past worked on Accutrons.

Either he can take it on or refer you to someone reliable who can.

Posts: 5203 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC Member 1856
posted
Good luck with it, I hope Chris can help. Yours is the only other one I’ve seen. This one survived as new because it is missing the luminous dot at 4.

Posts: 31 | Location: Anniston, Alabama in the USA | Registered: May 27, 2013
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Came across this site in my ramblings. No clue who they are or if they're any good, but they're out there.

https://www.accutrons.com/

At the time I found this site, I was looking for someone to clean my 214, as it started keeping AWFUL time, even though I had replaced the battery. I decided to just try putting in ANOTHER new battery, and danged if it didn't fire up and has been keeping perfect time ever since. That was over 6 months ago. Smile

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Mark.. Good that you have the 214 working again. They are a neat watch. I discovered there are more Accutron repairmen out there than we realize. Maybe no storefronts, but good recommendations and don't cost an arm an a leg.

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Yeah, checked it just this morning and it's still keeping perfect time. When in doubt, check the battery. Roll Eyes

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Picture of Billy Kuhn
posted
Bill the Accutron you have for repair has a different circuit board then the 218. Does the watch hum when you put a new battery in it?

Posts: 1012 | Location: Killen, Alabama in the USA | Registered: January 15, 2013
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Don't forget to check out this topic...

ACCUTRON, BASIC TOOLS AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Posts: 5203 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002