Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Self winding info sought "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi,
I'm looking for some help in selecting a comprehensive text on the operation, maintenance and repair of the self winding ww. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, John

Posts: 299 | Location: Mount Brydges, Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 10, 2005
posted
John,
try this link, at least it will get you started.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-winding_watch

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
posted
Dave, Thanks for your input, an interesting article. There seems to be a scarcity of info in this area. Both of the prominent watch making courses( Chicago and Bulova) have nothing to say about this subject. I even tried two experienced watchmakers ( 15 Yrs. Experience ) and learned very little from them. Surely these watches must break or need cleaning and lubricating ?? I shall continue to look. John

Posts: 299 | Location: Mount Brydges, Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 10, 2005
posted
Dashto has a pamphlet by Bulova on their 10CMC and 10CSC movements.All for $2.00.
J Smith

Posts: 188 | Location: Warrenton, North Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: January 12, 2003
posted
Julian, thanks for your help, I ordered both of the pamphlets and a book on complex watches in which there is a whole chapter dedicated to automatic winders. John