Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Who's writing about vintage watches these days? "Click" to Login or Register 
Wristwatch Expert

posted
I'm interested in hearing who is writing good articles about vintage watches these days. I am doing my level best (through the Bulletin and an occasional article in InSync and International Wristwatch). I also know about Keith Strandberg and Joe Thompson. Anyone else? What have been some of your favorite articles lately and who has been writing them? I'm talking about good, well-researched articles here, not the "fluff" that comes out some of the watch companies and/or their public relations departments. I'm hungry for some good, meaty articles. What has anybody seen recently that made them go, "Wow!"

Posts: 84 | Location: Evansville, Wisconsin USA | Registered: April 30, 2005
Picture of Jim Rogers
posted
Bruce,

If I remember correctly (And I hope I do, LOL) it was you that penned an article on RADO a period of time ago. I will always be grateful for that article because I have a RADO Golden Horse Sapphire in ultra mint condition (which is a wonderful piece and almost keeps quartz accuracy time). The history of the Horse series to me was just wonderful and really brought my watch to life.It was one of the first pieces I bought when I started to get into watch collecting at any kind of semi-serious level.

I wish there were more articles like this on companies like Favre-Lueba, Gallet and some of the Longines developments like the 990 auto movements that made major impacts in mechanical watch movements.

Posts: 151 | Location: Atkinson, New Hampshire U.S.A. | Registered: October 17, 2004