Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Benrus WW - A Graduation Project. (HELP) "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
My old friend was digging around in some old cedar chest he has and came up with the watch his father gave him for High School Graduation in 1956. I looked at it and think it is toast on the dark side.
Perhaps someone out there can make this old man smile again by coming up with a movement and dial.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
Front side. All the metal to metal parts are rusted shut but the jeweled parts still move and the balance wheel actually oscillates.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Do you have the case?

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
Yes, I have the case and band.

Life Member
posted
looks kinda like a unitas 6498 movement but I don't know the size of the movement. good news is if is the movements are still being made now by ETA. ETA 6498.

Posts: 131 | Location: Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas in the USA | Registered: May 11, 2013