• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

18K Hamilton Richmond "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Thought I would share a couple pictures. This is the first Richmond I have had the opportunity to get. Dark spots on right are from glare.

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
Back

posted
Below is a picture of the clock tower at, what use to be the Hamilton factory. I took the picture during my last visit to Lancaster about 2 years ago. I re-sized it for the board, so I am not sure how it will turn out. It is very nice to see they are at-least taking care of the building/property.

IHC Life Member
posted
The factory was turned into apartments -- see ad. from local Lancaster newspaper below ---

dan

Clock Towers

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
posted
Dan,

Thanks for the picture of the ad. I noticed that when we were there. Atleast they are doing something with it, instead of tearing it down. I get cold chills whenever I walk around the property. Cant wait to go back this spring.

Adam

Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of Bryan J. Girouard
posted
Adam, the monogram on the reverse of the Richmond is terrific. I know some people who feel that any sort of engraving on a watch detracts from value, but to me, an engraving of this artistic quality enhances the value.

Bryan J. Girouard
Art Deco Wristwatches

Posts: 169 | Location: Dallas, Texas U.S.A, | Registered: March 30, 2004
posted
Bryan,

Thanks for the note. I agree! I love engravings on wristwatches as well as company dials. I believe this engraving may have been factory done. I think I remember seeing this layout on an advertisement for suggested engravings on the Flintridge model. Perhaps it is just a coincidence. Do you come across the Richmond that often? I had a heck of a time locating one.

Adam

Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
posted
I found my first Richmond about 6 years ago. Then a drought of 5 years with none and suddenly I find 3 in the past 9 months or so. It's feast or famine.

Bryan J. Girouard
Art Deco Wristwatches

posted
I was fortunate to find a very nice YG 18K Richmond a few months ago. Does anyone have the production numbers for the Richmond?
Thanks
Phil

Posts: 11 | Location: Whittier, California USA | Registered: November 18, 2006
posted

Posts: 173 | Location: Columbia, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: July 13, 2004
posted
Don
Thank you for the link. This is a great site, obvious Will has put in a lot of time and effort on this site. Per this site the Richmond came only in YG not WG. I am assuming that Gilbert & Shugarts 07 Price Guide is incorrect, pg 823. Per this price guide a WG was also available "two Stars"....
I have never heard of a WG Richmond, but I am not an expert, just a person who purchases watches based on the fun of collecting, emotion, attraction and advice from a few serious watch collectors that I communicate with. I have a few Hamiltons but I got hooked on Illinois ww's when I started collecting in 2003.
Phil

Posts: 11 | Location: Whittier, California USA | Registered: November 18, 2006
IHC Member 500
Wristwatch Expert
Picture of René Rondeau
posted
Actually, though never catalogued, there was a white 18K Richmond produced. I've seen two in my career. Every once in a while such uncatalogued oddballs do turn up. It isn't always clear whether such things were special orders or just such short production runs that they weren't available long enough to appear in a catalog. I wish I had kept one of the Richmonds!

Posts: 183 | Location: Corte Madera, California USA | Registered: March 31, 2005
Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
posted
In addition to 18K white gold as Rene noted above, I have seen one example of the "Richmond" in platinum. Although not catalogued, it is mentioned in the Hamilton records.

Bryan J. Girouard
Art Deco Wristwatches