Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

My new put togther Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
I just thought that I would post about my new watch. I had an old 6497 Unitas pocket watch movement that I paid 12 bucks for a couple of years ago, and I decided that I would make it into my new watch.
I purchased the case for $41 bucks on Ebay from South Florida Time, and it came with the dial, the crown and the hands. The strap was $15 from International Watchman.
I think it is pretty neat, but large. If you like these pilot style watches, this might make a great project for anyone.
Here are some pics.

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003
IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
The mov't. actually was made for Caravelle in 1973, you can see the N3 mark on the barrel bridge.

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003
posted
Nice watch. I like that pilot look. Projects like these fun to do and make good use of otherwise derelict movements. (My personal favorite is the LeCoultre K880 automatic when I can find them, they seem easy to case in cases made for ETA autos).

Posts: 653 | Location: St Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: May 04, 2004
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Scott,
Is the watch for sale?
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
I was actually going to sell it, but I started wearing it, and now I don't really want to give it up. However, you can purchase the case, dial, hands on Ebay, and then pick what sort of mvt. you like for it. I put in an older Swiss, but you can purchase a brand new movt. too. The Swiss and Chinese make them. The Chinese version is made by Seagull and is much fancier than the Swiss ETA movts.

This watch can be assembled with a minumum of tools, and could make a nice project for someone.
If you ran into troubles or wanted me to assemble one for you, I could do that.

You can also buy these assembled on Ebay. Prices vary depending on the movement.

Overall, not expensive, especially when you consider it having a good movement, and an all stainless steel case.

Scott