Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

IS THIS A SANGAMO VARIANT?? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
HELLO,

I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE MARK"DOUBLE ROLLER" IN THAT POSITION.IS IT A VARIANT OR A FACTORY MISTAKE?
THANKS, Smile NUMBER 2242404

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

That is an interesting variant Andrea,

Of course, the usual location of the circular "Double-Roller" marking is on the barrel bridge, in fact all the images shown in on pages 128 and 129 of the "Illinois Encyclopedia" show the more conventional barrel bridge location for that marking. I do not specifically recall having previously seen one marked like yours.

It will be interesting to see if others can post theirs with markings in the same position.

Lindell

Wink

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Andrea, I went and dug up some Sangamo's which only show what a "single roller" looked like, and the position of the double roller marks on most other Double Roller models.

As part of 2,615 made in short runs from S/N 2135201 - 2519800, your eminently collectible Sangamo has four interesting distinctions;

1. The Double Roller mark is on the train plate
2. It is Gold Inlaid.
3. It is the 23 Jewel variant with a "Jewelled Main Barrel.
4. It is among the very last Getty Sangamo movements made, as the New Bridge model Sangamo Specials were produced from about 2541000 up.

posted
Lindell, David

thank you very much for your comments. I do also think it may be a " factory variant", that is why i have posted on here. It would be interesting to see other Sangamos of the same run and their markings too, so to have a sure comparison and hopefully having a definitive answer about it Smile

Andrea