Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bunn Special 161 Type II "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
With Lindell's expert advice over the phone I decided to take my 1st step into buying what I consider and expensive watch.

It arrivied today in the mail & I had to share some photos, I have done nothing to the watch yet. According to the previous owner their grandfather bought this new in 1931 & only wore it for dress up, according to them he worked for the Pennsylvania Railroad for 50 years.

I received the watch in a jewelers box from a store in Pa.

The watch if I am correct is a BunnSpecial Type II, it is in a Bunn Special Model 206 case.

Thanks for taking a look & Lindell thank you for your help & the enjoyable conversation.

Tom

Face01

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Back of case

Case back

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
What appears to be a perfect dial, I haven't been able to see a chip or hair line.

Dial

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Movement

movement01

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
161 markings

movement02

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Case marks

back

Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Tom,
That sure is a nice looking watch. I'll bet your step is a little more lively today with lighter pocketsSmile

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Gorgeous watch Tom...surely a great investment and that dial is truly magnificent and one of the more rare variants. Nice catch....keep the hunt for the Bunn's alive.

Steve

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Thanks for the comments Ed & Steve, my cash flow will be a little lighter for a while. I just hated to pass this one up, I would guess I paid about the going amount for one of these. I have already been talking to Chris about doing a COA for me, I don't think I have the nerve to play with this one yet. Plus I convinced my wife it was a poor mans stock market & I don't dare hurt it.

Tom