• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bunn Special 1st Model Case Question "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Regarding the "First Model" Bunn Special case on 10K YELLOW gold filled, I have noticed that there are two differnt bezel designs; a ribbed, reeded, or knurled-type design, and a pattern of a series of circles (or maybe wheels) . Were these two designs produced simultaneously or did one supercede the other? It seems the circle design shows in most of the catalogs I've seen.

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Hello Bill,

The subject of these cases is explored in detail with the topic Bunn Special Factory Cases where we get into the differences and details of several cases including the ones you referred to.

On Page 2 of Bunn Special Factory Cases you will even find side-by-side comparisons and a pretty good idea as to when the different designs you mentioned came and went. I think you'll find that particular topic and an earlier one Illinois 1st Model Case History to be interesting and informative on this subject. As you'll see detailed in those topics, the First-Model "Yellow Gold-Filled" did indeed come in two designs, and of course both Green and White Gold-Filled were available in an additional design all their own.

So in reality there were three basic "First-Model" Bunn Special Cases and there were also evolutionary changes that came into play which means there were some variations. As I'm sure you already recognize an in-depth study of this subject can become very complex indeed.

Lindell

(Just a parenthetical note, although we see the designs you mentioned referenced as "Yellow Gold-Filled" in contemporary advertisements I believe they came in Rose Gold-Filled as well. Whether this was intentional, if it enjoyed limited availability or just exactly what went on is open to speculation.)

Robert Sweet's fine comparison of YGF First Models...