Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Jacob's Special Private Label Illinois PW "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of John J. Flahive III
posted
Here is another very interesting P/L Illinois watch movement that I found in my stuff. It is a Grade 305, OF, 17J movement serial number 4648223. The dial is marked JACOB'S SPECIAL, MUSKEGON, MICH.. It has a small piece of enamel that came off at 30 min so I stuck it back on, but I'm sure it can be permanently repaired by someone more skilled than me.

Since I moved here from Holland, MI a few years ago, which is just south of Muskegon, this one is rather special to me. On a side note, we took the high speed ferry from Muskegon to cross Lake Michigan a few years ago to visit my In-laws in Milwaukee. Beats driving through Chicago traffic, but it is relatively expensive.

Unlike the other one I posted recently Rice's Special, this movement does not have the P/L name on it. However, it does have the most amazing spiderweb damaskeening pattern on it and gold screws. Also, this movement is running.

I couldn't find this private label in the Illinois book either. Has anyone seen this name before or that unusual damaskeening pattern?

John III

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of John J. Flahive III
posted
Grade 305 movement with some upgrades Big Grin