• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Illinois grade 706 model 9 dial "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Does anyone know what dial(s) could be on a 1916 Illinois grade 706 model 9 17 jewel movement?

than you,
Larry

IHC Member 1555
posted
Quite possible had the mid-grade "Red Spot" dial on it Larry, I have also seen them with Factory metal dials as well. Whether the metal dials were replacements I do not know.

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
I was investigating a similar watch yesterday and found this:Catalog

Dave Turner

posted
Thank you Dave. I will look at it.
Larry

posted
thank you Bila. I have heard that this grade was a trolly grade and could have an electric railroad dial. Not sure though.

Larry

IHC Member 1555
posted
Yes Larry they would have passed as trolley grade but there were many more sold with standard dials then the electric railroad dials in my opinion.

I probably have had at least a 1/2 dozen or so of these over the years and all mine were either the metal or red spot dials and others I have seen were also along those lines. Although in saying this, I think it would have been up to the person doing the buying at the time of purchaseSmile