Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Private Label Bunn Special--SN 2392531--Value? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
I've found another Bunn Special that caught my eye. This one's a private label "Ruby Jewel" for Fenderson and Mitchell. It is in a nice looking case that is not original (seller says 14k gold filled but I don't see a stamp). The dial looks decent, but has a few hairlines.

Any feedback on originality and what it's worth would be greatly appreciated.

IHC Life Member
posted
Close up of dial. Nearly invisible hairline from 58 to center.

IHC Life Member
posted
Front

IHC Life Member
posted
Back

IHC Life Member
posted
Back 2

IHC Life Member
posted
Bunn Back 3

IHC Life Member
posted
No info on value for a Bunn Special from c1995?

The store on the label sold jewelry, clocks, and watches from the early 1990s to the 20s.

No idea if the hands and case are correct, though.

Evan

IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
Most likely the dial is not original to this movement. Because even the private label Bunn Dials where double sunk. Every private label Bunn I have the Movement and the Dial have the same name on them.

My guess the original Illinois dial was damaged so some one put this single sunk Jewelers dial on it.

IHC Life Member
posted
Eugene,
Thanks.

Evan

IHC Life Member
posted
As far as value. I believe ebay prices are bringing $250 to $400 for a correct 21 Jewel Bunn Special. So what that means mine will sell for $225 and every one else will sell theres for more.

IHC Life Member
posted
Eugene,
You have one listed for $225? The auction for this one closed @ $175 without hitting the reserve. I offered to deal with the seller, but haven't heard back.

Given that it's not correct, do you figure it's worth $175?

Evan

IHC Life Member
posted
What I was saying is mine never seem to bring as much as some folks. I think Phils motto is [I buy high and sell low]

IHC Life Member
posted
Lindell says buy the nicest condition you can afford. I personally would stay away from this Bunn unless you want this Dial on this Bunn. The dial does not do any thing for me.

IHC Life Member
posted
Eugene,
Gotcha. Thanks.

Now back to drooling on my screen and wringing my hands about Phil's listings. Definitely will need to smash open the piggy bank for those, but at least I feel I know for sure what I'm getting.

Take care,
Evan

IHC Life Member
posted
That might be Busters saying. He buys high then when he sells it is low.

IHC Life Member
Picture of Donald Trumble
posted
Yes, it is Lindell who always preaches "condition, condition, condition" and I think he also suggests that a private label should usually have matching movement and dial, otherwise you may have only half the watch.

Don