• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help With A Serial Number Please. "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello IHC members, I would like to wise you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR Smile.
I'm looking for help with a Illinois serial number, which is 4307549, it's a size 16 Criterion 21 jeweled movement, three quarter plate.
Thank you ,Ian.

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
The serial number 4307549 shows a 16 size 21 jewel model 9 lever set open face grade 806 made in 1923. It should be adjusted to 3 positions jewels in raised settings, rounded spoke gold plated train wheels with a patent regulator.

Tom

posted
Thank you very much Tom Happy New Year to you, realiable has ever, I can't give you any interesting names to research.
I'v had a bit of bad luck with my watch, it fell out of my pocket when playing football with my grandsons, I kicked it instead of the ball.
Now it's back to square one, new balance staff, hairspring ect ect, so I'm not a happy camper just now. Frown
Ho has the Criterion movement any value would you know I have a chance of buying it from a friend over here, it needs repairing I'm just wondering if it's worth my time putting it right Roll Eyes or having it has my next project.( after the rework of my 7.305 ) Mad
Thank you again Tom regards Ian.

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Ian

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with you pocket watch.

I really can't tell you the value of the grade 806.

If you need any parts to repair your other one let me know & I can search through my parts movements.

Tom

posted
Tom.
Thats a kind offer,I really appreciate your concern, yes I will be in need of some parts,
I dismantled the movement to check whats damaged,
I thought the wheel pivots were bent, but after a good examination I found only the fourth wheel pivots badly bent Big Grin. the other wheel pivots looked OK.
The brand new balance staff pivot is broken, and the hairspring is mangled, I'v checked over all the jewles, it seems the main body jewles are ok apart form the fourth top jewel it's cracked, the balance jewels must have taken a good knock they are damaged,the balance wheel needs some work . The crystal poped out it's OK Big Grin, The new hands went west (lost) the case got a little working over a few grass marks and scuffs but OK it cleaned up quite well.
I think I got off lightly with minimal damage I think Eek ,the fact that I was on wet grass proberly took a lot of the shock on landing Frown. So I'm in need of quite a few parts,if you do find something suitable just let me know and we can sort a price out. hope to here from you soon, bye for now.
Thanks very much Tom.
Regards Ian.