• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Seeing Double "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I picked up one of these about a year ago because I liked the pattern. Last week, I came across a second one and had to have it! now, the question I have is what grades the watches are. they are both 17j and both marked adjusted. The serial numbers are 1,752,384 and 1,752,670. These are the only two i've seen with this pattern and also didn't know if anyone knew if there were other runs of this pattern or just the one these are out of.

Thanks,

Jared

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
The Illinois Blue book shows these to be Model 6 Grade 89's and adjusted to 3 positions made in 17J and 21J. The first one was in a run of 260, and the second one in a run of 50. Both made in 1904 and both open face watches and lever set. They initially came with DSD's of glass or hard enamel. They were made in various damaskeened patterns. There were 34,920 of the grade 89 that were made in 17J in open face and the 21J grade 89's are somewhat scarce.

I think that both are missing the patent regulator whip springs, interestingly. The grade 89's were made from 1900 until 1926.

regards,
bb

posted
Buster-

Thanks for the info. I thought the same thing that it was funny they were both missing the regulators. They also both sport the same dial and hands.

Thanks,

Jared