• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bunn Special Model 181 question "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a Bunn Special Model 181 and researching it for auction. Can anyone give me a solid date of production and value. I have attached 1 photo with 2 more to follow. Thank you

[Movement number: 5172325]

posted
image 2

posted
image 3

[Case number: 759473]

posted
Donna, your watch, movement serial#5172325
- 16 size Illinois Bunn Special Type 3, 60 hour
- Production year 1929
- 21 jewel
- model 14, open face
- lever set
-3/4 plate
- total production, 119,200
- adjusted 6 positions

Trend value- dealer price $325, Extra fine condition $500, mint condition $700
The 181 refers to the case model only, not the watch movement. I'm not sure but I believe the 181 case model may add a bit more value as it is not so common as others.
Perhaps other more knowledgeable member will chime in and confirm.

Regards
Rick

posted
Thank you so much. I hope the pictures will be of use to your forum as well.

IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
Donna your photos do Not show the back of the case. This is where the gold might be worn off. Please post a photo of the back of the case.

Value is based on condition.

posted
heres the back.

posted
a clearer pic of the front

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Hi Donna,

Please accept my invitation to Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185!™ for a mere $12.00 a year and you can sell your watch right here to a fellow member. You can name your price or auction it with or without a reserve.

The first choice at that link includes the 2017 Complete Guide to Watches along with your dues for a $41.60 payment.

Try us out, you will find friendly people (you already know that from the helpful responses to your question!) who will treat you with the dignity and respect you deserve. This is not a typical Internet Site. And by the way nobody has ever lost money doing business here!

We've been here since 2002 and IHC Members will tell you this really is...

The Family-Friendly Place for Watch and Clock Collectors™

Best always,

Lindell

Wink