Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Illinois Bunn 19J Information needed "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello:

I have the opportunity to acquire a 16S 19J Bunn 60HR Type III variant -marked "Sixty Hour" only, and would like to know how many were made, their relative quality, rarity, details and what a fair price is for this model. Thanks in advance for your kind help.

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Pedro,

Read up....it's all here for you at this post. If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Steve

posted
Thanks for your prompt reply. I had already read your excellent presentation on the 19J Bunn's. I am still interested to know if the Type III variants are relatively rare and if they are of a good quality.

I have paid around $300-400 for each the Model 9 variants (marked "Temperature" and "Temp.") Please also reply about what would a fair market value be for the model.

Thanks again for your kind help.

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
posted
Pedro,

The Type III was the most common with 1700 produced but they are all very hard to find. As far as quality is concerned, these are identical to the 21 jewel version just with out the two cap jewels. These were also railroad approved.

A lot depends on the condition and originality of course but these are quite hard to find. If it is in nice condition expect to pay $500 or more. Less than that and you are getting a good deal IMHO. I have a dozen or so of these (Type I, II, and III) and they are my favorites because they are so hard to come across. I haven't seen one on ebay for months now.

Steve

posted
Would $800 be completely out of line?

posted
books at $400-525-700, but does not break them down for the 3 models,

charlie

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
posted
Pedro,

That is a little steep. It would have to be a really nice example. I have paid upwards of that for a couple of them but I think they were the scarcer Type I's. There are a lot of nice ones out there that can be had for less, just have to be patient.

Steve

posted
Thanks to all for your expertise and timely information. I will continue to look for a Type II or III 19J 60hr Bunn. If you have any leads, please let me know.