• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Model Info needed plz.. "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Just purchased two 16's i think both are model 4... the serial number are 2135943 & 1559133. Can some one tell me what they are please. IF some one also knows the balance staff number as well please, i do believe they are single roller small collets. thanks Francis

posted
Can some one tell me is there a book that contains Serial and model numbers for the Illinois? thanks Francis

IHC Life Member
posted
Francis -
Both are Model 4, the first is grade 175, made in 1909, 20,975 made between 1896 and 1912, adjusted for temperature and ischronism.
The second is grade 172, made in 1901, 38,828 made between 1896 and 1911, unadjusted.
The staff part number is 662.

The book is "American Pocket Watches, Volume 2, Illinois Watch Co." by Meggers and Ehrhardt, last edited in 1985. It's also sometimes available on ebay as a cd.

Regards,
Bob

posted
Bob you are a gentleman and ur blood worth bottling. I will keep an eye out for the book does it contain the serial numbers? i have seen a book published in dec 1923, but only has specific serial numbers. Thanks once again Francis...

IHC Life Member
posted
Francis-
The book has 432 pages, covers each grade and lists serial numbers from 1 to 5,698,801 by size, grade, style, and setting. The 1985 edition was hand-corrected by Bill Meggers so the serial table looks like someone wrote in the book, but it's print!

Regards,
Bob

posted
Bob it will be the next item on my list to buy once i have gotten christmas out of the road. Sounds like good book, is there one also for South Bends as well? done by the same people?

IHC Life Member
posted
All I know about South Bend is that Frank K. and Lindell have much more knowledge, and there is a lot of info here on the site.

Regards,
Bob