Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Adding graphics to digital photos "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Sam Williamson
posted
I use Picasa for photos. Can one add drawings and words to a digital photo using this program? I have seen many such shots here, such as circling a problem area on a watch movement.

Sam Williamson

Posts: 618 | Location: Northwestern Florida in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 27, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Sam,

Picasa is a great program for keeping track of your photos and performing enhancements. However, I don't believe it will do what you want.

I would recommend Adobe PhotoShop Elements or if you have PowerPoint, you can make up a slide, add pictures and text and whatever else and then save it as a jpg picture. The following are examples of before and after pictures of our city limit sign. I couldn't wait until spring for the sun to totally illuminate the sign without shadows so I made the sign look the way I wanted it to with PhotoShop.

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
IHC Life Member
posted
Here is the "after" picture of the sign.

IHC Life Member
posted
and using PowerPoint to make up whatever you would like and then saving it as a jpg picture.

IHC Life Member
posted
Sam,

Mike Phelan pointed out that you can use the Windows XP Paint program for lines and circles. Go to Start, Accessories and then look for "Paint".

posted
Thanks for the info John! Yes, I saw that too, will play with both programs when I get a chance. My wife has paintshop pro & she will play also.

Sam Williamson

Posts: 618 | Location: Northwestern Florida in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 27, 2002
posted
JD, she used powerpoint & it worked great! Thanks!

Sam Williamson