Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Light tent experiments "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
Pic shows a series of photos taken outdoors, but in a light tent, and in the open. Any thoughts on where I go next to get best quality will be appreciated.

Dan.

light tent experiments

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

The image you adjusted slightly and shown on the upper right looks great to my eye. Interestingly the lower right image you photographed outside gives the impression of severe case wear. Light and shadow have a lot to do with the "look" of the image and change the viewer's perception to a great degree.

I'd say your light tent and software help you do the job right.

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
The light tent - basically a large square box covered in thin white fabric -- gives results that I feel are a little "flat", and I loose all shine on what were the reflective surfaces of a polished watch case.

dan

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

You're right Dan,

That's why I just take my pictures on my desk in ordinary room light.
And... cloth so close to hot lights would make me nervous. Eek

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002