Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Barrel distortion "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
Have you ever tried to take a picture of two watches only to find them looking like their in a fishbowl? Well, thats barrel distortion. It really shows badly on macro shots using your camera's lens in the wide position. No, it's not the cameras fault. It's the law of physics. There is however software that will fix this little problem, but the best thing to do is photograph only one watch at a time. You can position two watches to minimize the distortion though. For me, I have found it much easier to take seperate shots and place them on a totally new picture file.

Larry

IHC Member 25
IHC Life Member (L6)

Posts: 661 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 07, 2002
posted
hey larry,

U know how to use that slide rule? Big Grin

never mastered one.... being from the in-between generation....the scientific calculator was just coming of age as I was. remember how BIG the first ones were?

IHC Life Member
posted
Do I know how to use a sliderule?? Nope. The year was 1975, my first year in college. I did have to learn, but was saved by the calculator. Smile It is a nice piece of wood though. Roll Eyes

Larry

IHC Member 25
IHC Life Member (L6)

Posts: 661 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 07, 2002
posted
My boss back in the 70's was an engineer, schooled in the 50's/early 60's. He would show up at the corp mgt meetings with that thing and out "calculate" the rest of us.

You were too intimidated to try him and lose, and you can't run a calculator while watching him slide that thing back & forth.

Charlie