Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Anyone own a Dell 1703FP LCD panel? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
My old Viewsonic PF790 19" CRT is slowly fading away. I'm thinking of replacing it with a new 17" LCD panel. Most 17" LCD's have a slightly smaller dot pitch of .264 vs the 18" & 19" which have .28 & .29 respectively. This should equate to crisper text.

Does anyone out there own one of these and if so, do you like it? Confused Could someone suggest another brand/size that has good text and graphics presentation?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
Picture of Sam Williamson
posted
Evening John,
I have the Dell E171FPb LCD & am quite happy with it....it came in a package back in Nov.with a Dell4600 +5:1 dig speaker sys.I don't know what the monitor price only would go for however.If it's time,maybe try to get a package deal....unfortunately,you usually can only get these starting in Oct.when they are trying to clear inventory.I also got a printer/scanner/copier/fax with the pkg.My wife got 2 systems with a great discount under the educational category{there are also gvt & other discounts).

Sam Williamson

Posts: 618 | Location: Northwestern Florida in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 27, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
Sam,

I found a place in Tennesee that had the Dell 1703FP for only $379 with free shipping. It's a Dell factory refurb with 90 day warranty. It would have cost me $449 from Dell for the same refurbed monitor.

IHC Life Member
posted
I received my Dell 1703FP refurb and it's amazing! I will never return to a CRT again. The monitor has a tiny .5" scratch but only slightly visible on a light background. Not even worth sending back because the rest of the panel is flawless with zero dead or stuck pixels. A new monitor would have cost well over $550.

Picture of Frank Juchniewicz
posted
John
Would you mind sharing that location in Tennesee with us. Thanks

Frank

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003
IHC Life Member
posted
Sure Frank!

SaveAtEagle

Also, my monitor actually shipped from PA.

It has a 90 day warranty.

Picture of Frank Juchniewicz
posted
John
Thanks for sharing that information, I have benn thinking about replacing one of my monitors; space constraints.

Frank

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003