Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

IRFANVIEW FREE SOFTWARE TO ENHANCE PHOTOS "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Carlos Flores
posted
I use a little program named Irfanview to tweak photos to enhance its looks, it is a free software (or freeware as it is called in cyberland)and easy to use. The author has done an excellent job in designing it and generous to allow using to everyone. It can be downloaded here.

Below is a before-after picture showing the results of the tweaking on a picture taken from our message board. If you have a photo with good details, it can be corrected to better replicate the real thing.

Basic Instructions:
Once installed, start the program, open the file of your picture and go to IMAGE menu and select ENHANCE COLORS. In the window that opens, you will have several buttons to tweak the picture. I start correcting GAMMA then CONTRAST then SATURATION and finally hues by playing with RED, BLUE and GREEN buttons,
While tweaking each function you can see the effect on the picture and compare with the original, side by side. At the end just save the changes and it is done!. Sounds a little complicated but once in the program it explains by itself.

Hope it can be useful...

befor - After tweaking

Posts: 325 | Location: Near Mexico City, Mexico | Registered: July 05, 2003
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted
¡Gracias Carlos por la informacion!

Dr. Deborah L. Irvine

Chapter 185 Administrative Secretary
Chapter 185 Membership and Mart Coordinator
NAWCC Member 157487
IHC Life Member (L4) 164

Smile

Posts: 5207 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
Picture of Kenny Drafts
posted
I`ve used Irfanview for several years. It`s the best and handiest image editor I`ve used. Resize, crop,convert file type, (you name it) and it`s free! Here`s the link;

Irfanview

Cool EDIT P.S. Sorry Carlos overlooked your link. Two is better than one I guess!

Kenny

Posts: 359 | Location: Lexington, South Carolina USA | Registered: July 28, 2003