Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Cloud Dome "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
This is an item for taking pictures of your jewelery or Watches. White Plexiglass.

A, white plastic one of these, (THAT WE MAKE) could (maybe) help with lighting and taking pictures

We may be able to come up with making one of these in different materials and stop using milk jugs.

Funny looking, but could work.
See what you think.

Only one question, where's the light source?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4940585120&fromMakeTrack=true

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
Sheila i hope you don,t think i am rude but 150 dollars for a piece of plastic is not a realistic investment for me.If i were selling a large number of watches and needed a aid like this one, perhaps i could more justify it.
I use plastic containers and i feel i get decent results, at least good enough for me. Smile

posted
Kevin,
My point exactly!
Great Idea, but me and a cheap plastic white bowl could do the same thing.

I sure wouldn't spend that kind of money for such an item either.

So, what type of containers do you use?

Does it reflect well? how do you light your containers?

This picture shows how they connect the camera to the bowl, but I wondered how the lighting was used.

Sheila

cloud dome1

Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
Sheila
I use a light fixture glass cover (Home Depot - couple of dollars) and my Oympus lens fits the opening perfectly, and use two OTT-LITE True Color lamps - one on each side.

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
using only one OTT-LITE you can see the hint of a shadow on the balance.

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Yes exactly Sheila, why pay more money when something else will do the job.I used a tupperware container, i put it on edge put my watch inside of it and shone the light source through the side of the container, alot like Wayne here does. Smile

posted
Wayne,
Wow! what a great idea!
The picture is great and I like the idea of using something we can all purchase for so little money too. I thought of the light fixture too, but was not sure, so now I can get one and know it will work.

I didn't know about the OTT LITE though. I knew that I needed white light, or a true color one, but with a name I'm sure I will be able to find it now.
I had looked for a white light but they didn't have one that would go into a regular fixture, just a real fancy one.
Now I can check out the lamp store that has everything and actually know what I'm looking for.

Kevin, I had tons of tupperware but I just got rid of all of it. That's OK though, I'll find something, either a tupperware bowl or a glass one, but at least I know now, that I can do this, and it's gonna cost "my kinda price" and not the internets idea of a good price.

I just love it when we can do this.

Sheila

posted
Sheila
Try the OTT-LITE TRUE COLOR LAMP - they are great for photographs - long lasting - there are always lots of them on E-bay.

posted
And don't forget, good photo editing software is a must for photo's.

posted
And always wear your IHC t-shirt when taking photographs. Smile

Picture of Carlos Flores
posted
this last one is of the outmost importance... priority #1, well adviced Wayne Smile

Posts: 325 | Location: Near Mexico City, Mexico | Registered: July 05, 2003
posted
Talk about Loyal! lol Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I love it.

I will check out ebay for the light, thank you.
(just when I got my ebay all cleared out!)

I would love a t-shirt, but I don't like T's.

Wish we had a patch!
hint, hint

Sheila

posted
Sheila

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Wayne,
Thanks for the tip. I find my pictures come out much better when I'm wearing my Chapter 185 tee shirt. Smile

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002