Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

The Amazing Bulova Accutron "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

I personally have a very deep affection for the Amazing Bulova Accutron.

Here are three really interesting web-sites you're sure to enjoy...

http://members.iinet.net.au/~fotoplot/acc.htm

http://www.mybob.net

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Never saw a 218 Spaceview.

Very interesting.
Thanks for posting this Lindell.

Posts: 945 | Location: Geneva, Illinois in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...clean!, classy! and concise! are the three words that come to mind...thanks too Lindell for the link; I learned a lot about a great WW...Jim C

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
I had a brand new 1975 model 214 Accutron when I was dating my wife. The only complaint she had was that the 'whistling' sound emitted by the watch tuning fork drove her nuts, so I traded it off. The Accutron's kept great time, but sure were quirky wrist watches. I was always afraid I was going to knock it against something and break the mechanism. It's the only watch I've ever owned that made me nervous when I was wearing it. (grins) Regards. Mark Cross

IHC Member 163

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
I sure have been wanting to get a nice SpaceView, great looking for a WW......

How hard is it to get parts for these watches? Are they hard to service?

Posts: 175 | Location: Claremore, Oklahoma USA | Registered: January 03, 2003
IHC President
Life Member
posted

A word to the wise...

If the energy cell is just once put in your Accutron the wrong way it will instantly take out the coils. Very expensive repairs! Always remember, the Accutron Tuning Fork Watches use the energy cell PLUS SIDE IN which is the opposite of most other battery powered watches. Remember this and be careful.

Now explore this topic: CLICK FOR: "ACCUTRON, BASIC TOOLS AND INFORMATION"

Very important information there to keep them humming!

Smile

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Jessica Lane
posted
Is there any reliable, clear account of the development of electronic time-keeping in the 20th century, both technologically and from the manufacturing/watch company standpoint?

This seems a quite interesting subject.

Jessica

Posts: 834 | Location: New York, New York U.S.A. | Registered: September 06, 2003
IHC President
Life Member
posted

Interesting question Jessica,

Frankly I'm not aware of anything specific beyond the Accutron sites above and of course Rene Rondeau's works on the Hamilton Electric.

So far of a difinitive work I'm not aware of one.

Anyone else?

Lindell

Wink

posted
I have a booklet titled "The history and Development of the Quartz Watch" by Benjamin Matz.

The price on it is $14.95 and it is a very comprehensive history covering nearly every aspect of electronic or battery driven watches.

Sherm

Posts: 8 | Location: Amherst, New Hampshire | Registered: April 26, 2005
posted
This is my Bulova Accutron given as a gift in 1967. it has an M7 date stamp on it. I love the watch, but can't sleep with it on, because the loud humming of the tuning fork keeps me awake :-). It still runs great; no idea of its present value.

Mason

Mason's 1967 Accutron

Posts: 88 | Location: Brunswick, Georgia in the USA | Registered: February 13, 2011