• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Brotherhood of railroad trainmen "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi I have a watch charm from the Brotherhood of Railroad Trainmen that says accident and health on one side and on the other if injured or unconscious to identify me then #72721 telegraph this number to the brotherhood. Could this be real and can I put a name to this? Thank You. Bill Pagel.

Posts: 5 | Location: Belleville, Michigan in the USA | Registered: January 25, 2012
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Hello Bill:

The Brotherhood of Railroad Trainmen provided all their members with life insurance policies, this watch fob would have the owners policy number on it for identification if the member had a fatal accident. There is no way to trace the records for whom this one of belonged to.

Larry

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Thank You Larry for the info I'm a historical presenter at Greenfield Village and will use this item with my Ball R.R. standard or Bunn Special at the E.Grimm jewelry store presentions. Bill

Posts: 5 | Location: Belleville, Michigan in the USA | Registered: January 25, 2012
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Hello Bill:

Happy I could help you with some history on these watch fobs, I've seen them in both bronze, and pewter styles. In 1996, I was on the arrangements committee for the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers International Convention that was held in Detroit that summer, spent two weeks there, on one Sunday we had the afternoon off and had a chance to see the Ford Museum at Greenfield Village, unfortunately there was only time enough to do one or the other so I picked the Museum, and never had a chance to see the Greenfield Village.

Larry

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Hi Larry I have the bronze one. If you get a chance to come to the village the Grimm jewelry store is just like it was in 1886. Thanks Bill.