Reply to Post

Steam Train Video . . . "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted

Steam Train Video . . .

Here's a Patsy Cline song on YouTube which features a cool video of an old-time coal-fired steam train including scenes with the fireman and engineer doing their thing inside the cab.

Anyway I enjoyed it and thought it was worth posting

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
That fireman gets a good work out! Shovel that coal.
And the music ain't bad either.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Initially I was bothered by the engineer looking out of the "wrong" (left) side of the cab, and then I realized it must be a British train. I did a little research and found that sure enough, LMS 6114 was a locomotive on the London, Midland and Scottish Railway (LMS). It was a Royal Scot Class 4-6-0 express passenger locomotive (see picture) introduced in 1927, and indeed it is a passenger train in the video.

Here is an Example without the Smoke Deflector Seen in the Video

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
Ed, all I can say is SUPER.
Very nice.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011