Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Steam Town National Park "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
Here are some pics I took at Steam Town.

on the table

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003
IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003
IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted

IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted

posted
Great pictures Scott, thanks for sharing.
Smile

posted
Hi Scott, Have been there a number of times. Very well worth each trip. My daughter used to live in South Scranton, and Steamtown was always part of the trip. I'm an alum of College Misericordia, so I still have a number of friends to visit in both Luzerne and Lackawanna counties.

Tom

IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
Tom,
It is a small world. I might be taking some classes at Misericordia but in Hazleton not Dallas. I visited Indiana, PA a couple of times. A friend of mine went to IUP.

posted
Tom, I'm from South Scranton also. I lived there from 1958 thru 1971. I used to go down to the train station often to catch a cab with my mom as a kid. The cab station collocated wtih the trains. Was a noisy place for a kid.I believe its a nice Hotel now.
I had an aunt who used to visit us often from NY. When my uncle and I met her at the station the steam about blew me off the paltform. I never did get a chance to ride though. I will have to visit down there this summer. I understand the ride has been lengthened and is a real pleasure.
BTW, both my uncle and grandfather worked for the Erie-Lackawanna.
Mike

Posts: 79 | Location: Kensington, Maryland USA | Registered: March 08, 2005
posted
Mike, You will enjoy your return to Scranton and Steamtown. The old Lackawanna station is now a 4 star hotel and restaurant. Steamtown is in the old Lackawanna yard just off Washington Street. The big difference you will see is the Steamtown Mall. It is located between Washington St and the rr yard.

My Daughter lived on South Irving Ave. She had an apt in a house 4 doors from the Rusty Nail.

Tom