• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

How would you repair this? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
This is a chime tube from a Urgos 9 tube GF clock. This is the first time I have seen this type of damage. How would the Experts do it?
Kind regards,
Bob

Posts: 130 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas U.S.A. | Registered: September 25, 2004
posted
Here is a picture.

Posts: 130 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas U.S.A. | Registered: September 25, 2004
Picture of Greg Reeves
posted
not being familiar with this clock...what exactly is the damage?

Posts: 497 | Location: Genoa, New York U.S.A. | Registered: November 06, 2003
posted
The string that holds the chime tube is broken. It is tied from inside the tube through a very small hold. How to retie with a new string?
Bob

Picture of Greg Reeves
posted
Again not being familiar with this and trying to figure it out from the photo...
Is the bottom of the tube open?
Can you then "pop" the cap(with the string)from inside the tube, replace the string, and then snap it back on...like a spring barrel?

Posts: 497 | Location: Genoa, New York U.S.A. | Registered: November 06, 2003
posted
I wasn’t familiar with how this was tied inside the tube, so that’s why I ask the question. It’s finished now. I’ll post some pictures so other people that may need the information can benefit from it.
Bob

posted
Here are the pictures of how this works inside the tube. Pretty easy fix once I relized that the rubber holder just pushed out from the top.

posted
another picture.

posted
last one.