• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Mantel clock finishes "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Greetings, does somebody know or know where to find what type of finish was put on Waterbury mantle clocks from the factory circa 1920s? I am giving my mom’s old clock some TLC and would like to spruce up the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Neal

Posts: 5 | Location: Boyertown, Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: January 20, 2018
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
There were so many styles and models, it would be difficult to answer that question. A picture of the clock would be a great help.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
Hey Dave thanks for the comeback. I tried posting a picture but it said the file was too big so I will try again.

Posts: 5 | Location: Boyertown, Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: January 20, 2018
posted
I tried posting another picture but it didn’t work this time either. Any suggestions?

IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
Send it to me and I will resize. email address is in my profile.

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

In this link titled "HELP IN POSTING IMAGES FOR HOSTING ON OUR IHC185 DISCUSSION SITE" I have posted that information.

>> Proper size: 640 X 480 Pixels
>> Resolution: approximately 72 Pixels/Inch

Posts: 5204 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
posted
Thanks Lorne, I guess because I’m not a paying member I can’t access your profile to get your email. If you care to give it out to me that would be great, if not that’s okay too. Thanks

Administrative Assistant
posted

Neal,

You can send your images to ihc185@roadrunner.com and I will post them.

We do encourage you to join and become an IHC185 Member...

Click here: Join and Support the Internet Horology Club 185™

Posts: 5204 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
Administrative Assistant
posted

Image number 1/2 from Neal...

Administrative Assistant
posted

Image number 2/2 from Neal...

posted
For that case, I would use Howard's Restore-A-Finish. It is available at Home Depot and comes in several different colors. I would use the Mahogany. The advantage to Howard's is that it does not strip the clock. It takes off all the old and flaky varnish (or shellac) and restores the natural oils to the wood. You can use whatever finish after that to make it shine.

Posts: 2 | Location: Little Suamico, Wisconsin USA | Registered: May 12, 2006
posted
Thanks Bob