• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Claude Reeve Musical Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Has anyone actually built a Claude Reeve Musical Clock. I have one in for repair and would like any information that anyone has on it.
Thanks
Mr. Viv Kenney

Posts: 1 | Location: Melbourne in Australia | Registered: May 07, 2009
posted
Viv,

Welcome to IHC185,

I have an original Claude Reeve book detailing the construction of this clock, as well as a full set of issues authored by Claude Reeve and published by the 'Model Engineer' in which it was serialised.

I don't have the book or M.E. issues with me unfortunately so can't give you any details from it right now - end of June I can though!

I've actually had the pleasure of seeing Claude Reeve's original clock, and it's a beauty - I envy you having an example in your shop - if it's nicely built!

One chap you could contact is Malcolm Wild FBHI, (author of the clock wheel and pinion cutting book) he has considerable experience with this design!

I'll mail you his Email address later!

Best regards

John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
posted
Hi Viv

I have just received my copy of the Horological Journal which is the official publication of the British Horological institute here in the UK which is running an article on this clock.

There are two pages I will scan them and hope you can read them and hope that they will be helpful to you.

Kind regards

Clive

Posts: 264 | Location: Westbrook, United Kingdom | Registered: June 15, 2007
posted
and another page

posted
Whoops! Sorry sent the pages the wrong way around.