Internet Horology Club 185
International Time Recording Co. School Bell Clock - Endicott, NY

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6346047761/m/7743967857

February 17, 2011, 10:29
Mark Bean

A friend asked me to look at a clock he had for many years that did not run. It is a floor standing oak cased spring driven pendulum clock about 6.5 feet tall. Connected to the clock movement by a brass rod, sitting about mid case, are series of geared brass disks stacked horizonally with electrical connections to operate the various bells in a school, I believe. The clock appears to be in fairly good shape with all the parts there. I worked with watches for years until eyesight began to get bad, but do not condider myself a clock guy. I do not want to cause further damage or devaluation to a beautiful clock. Can anyone give me any information about the clock or it's possible value. Thanks
April 25, 2011, 20:07
Ken Snowden
Mark could you put up a picture of the clock? Usually hese were powered by a Seth Thomas 89 movement. A picture would be really helpful.
May 01, 2011, 21:19
Moses Gingerich
I would concur that it may well have had a Seth Thomas movement. I just sold one of those that I received in a box lot at an estate sale in Va. It had an arbor in the center going straight down.

Moses