Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waterbury time only movement question "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1247
posted
Hi Everyone.....I am usually fiddling w/ a PW or Cuckoo movement but purchased a Waterbury time only movement for a wall school clock ,it has 61/2 in stamped on the plate Is this for pendulum length ???

Thanks.Mark

Posts: 97 | Location: Virginia in the USA | Registered: May 10, 2009
posted
GREETINGS MARK, I WOULD BELIEVE IT IS THE PENDULUM DROP MEASURED FROM THE UNDERNEATH SIDE OF THE SUSPENSION POST TO THE BOTTOM OF THE BOTTOM OF THE RATEING NUT. IT IS A SIMPLE MATTER TO CHECK IT. HOWEVER THE DIMENSION COULD BE FROM THE HANDSHAFT TO THE BOTTOM OF THE RATEING NUT. PEND. DROP WAS MEASURED IN DIFFERENT WAYS AND HAS MANY TRADITIONS. EDDIE

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008
IHC Member 1247
posted
Many thanks,Eddie......I am just a beginner but this is why I love this site,it is a great and friendly resource!If it is 6.5 in it must not have been for a regulater case,more like a mantle or cottage?

Best regards,Mark

Posts: 97 | Location: Virginia in the USA | Registered: May 10, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
or a "gallery" or round wall clock some of which were railroad and school used ???? Smile

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009