Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Old Warren Telechron Co. Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi everyone,
Someone brought in an old electric clock and I'm looking for someone who may be able to work on it. I've worked on a few electrics, but this one appears to be using an older technology, and I don't want to attempt it.
On the back of the case, it reads:
Warren Telechron Co.
Ashland, Mass.
Model 8B01, 110 volts, 60 cycles. The dates on the back look to me like 1920s.
I have a few pictures which I'll attempt to post here. If anyone knows who might know what to do with this, I'll gladly refer my customer to you.
Thanks!
-Joe Scholz-Fajen, Nevada City, CA

Front view

Posts: 13 | Location: Nevada City, California U.S.A. | Registered: January 13, 2005
posted
Posting more photos...

Back view

Posts: 13 | Location: Nevada City, California U.S.A. | Registered: January 13, 2005
posted
Side view...

Side view

posted
Another view...

Another view

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Great pictures Joe, and a very interesting clock. I don't do much with the electrics, but will check around to see if any of my contacts here would want to work on it.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Interesting clock Joe, quite unusual.Thanks for sharing with us.

posted
Hi Kevin,

I've made a couple of calls to other clock repair folks in my area, but neither of them are interested in working on this clock. I'm hoping that someone out there knows how to work with this particular electric clock.

I'm sure enjoying the various conversations going on around here!

-Joe

posted
I have just finished rebuilding one of these clocks (it is the second one I have done). This clock is a very early digital clock.
Does the rotor turn WHEN THE CLOCK IS PLUGGED IN?.

I could fix it for you if you want to ship it to NH.

Sherm

Posts: 8 | Location: Amherst, New Hampshire | Registered: April 26, 2005
posted
Aha! That's great news! Thanks for replying, Sherm. I'll talk to the owner of this clock to find out if they want me to ship it to you. I expect they will.

When I plug in the clock, I don't see any motion. The wiring looks to be quite old.

Thanks so much, and I'll get back to you right away!
-Joe

posted
Hi Sherm,

I'd like to ship this clock to you. Could you contact me so we can work out the details?

Email: joefajen@gmail.com
Phone: 530-478-9142

Thanks!
-Joe

posted
Hi everybody,

I just wanted to report back that Sherman Wolf did a wonderful job fixing and restoring this clock! My customer will be very happy, I'm sure! I will hopefully post a photo here of the finished job.

I'm really excited that this chapter 185 exists, because that is how I found someone who could fix this clock.

-Joe

posted
Thanks for the plug.

Sherm

Posts: 8 | Location: Amherst, New Hampshire | Registered: April 26, 2005