• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Mauthe clock movement with seatboard "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi all: I need a mauthe clock movement and dial. movement is seatboard mounted. has a 13" penulum and a 8" dial. the case is 24"x11"x5" inside dimenions. sure would like to make this clock a clock after some one remove the movement and install a quartz movement. that should have been a no-no. need help! thanks and have good day. moe

Posts: 8 | Location: Sealy, Texas in the USA | Registered: May 06, 2006
posted
sorry I didnot mention that this is a germany box clock with a mignon gong. thanks moe.

posted
Moe,
Many of the later Mauthe clocks had Hermle movements. I know you do not have much to go on, but you may be able to find a replacement Hermle movement and dial to get the clock back into shape.
Can you post a picture or two?
Dick

Posts: 311 | Location: Berthoud, Colorado USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
Hi: Dick I found a junghans movement with a seatboard that worked just right. reworked the 8" dial that they had for the quartz movement and mounted it on the movement. reused the brass bensal. reshallaced the case. it made one beautiful german box clock. i know this is a married clock put it is not a quartz! have a good day. moe

posted
Dick I found a junghans movement with a seatboard that worked out just right. I reworked the 8" dial to fit the movement and reused the brass bezel. reshellaced the case. it made one beautiful german box clock. i know it is a married clock put it is not a quartz! have a good day. moe

posted
sorry about the double message. i am not computer person. moe

posted
Moe, just in case you would be interested in some history of Mauthe
http://www.gleuenberger.com/clocks/MautheClocks.htm

Posts: 152 | Location: Telford, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: May 21, 2005