• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

German Clock Movement Repair Videos "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Can anyone recommend any clock repair videos that deal with the assembly and disassembly of the contemporary german movements with a thorough explanation of the various locks and levers.All help appreciated,thank you very much

Posts: 181 | Location: New Castle, Delaware U.S.A. | Registered: December 15, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Robert,
Welcome to IHC! It is great to have you here.

I don't know of any tapes offhand that fill your requirements. I know that there were some tapes advertised in the Mart, but not sure if they covered German movements.

I you have the ability to take digital photos, we can do a lot on this site.

If you post a picture of the movement you are interested in, I can add lables to it and help you out with the functions of the various levers. I may even have one here that I can photograph in sections to help you out.

Again, welcome to Ch. 185. Lots of great folks here to help with most questions.

Perhaps someone knows of a tape specifically for German movements, although from movement to movement the arrangement of levers will vary quite a bit.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Robert welcome to Ch 185, great people here to help you, Tom is on the top of that list, very good teacher also to help with clock repair.
I have not seen tapes on grman clock repair, only on 400 day clock repair, but i don,t think that is what you mean.If i see something i will post it. Smile

posted
I,d like to thank both of you for your generosity.All offers are deeply appreciated.If I don't have any luck with the video perhaps i'll rephrase the question directly pertaining to a specific question I may have about those particular movements.Thank you again for your thoughtfulness.

Posts: 181 | Location: New Castle, Delaware U.S.A. | Registered: December 15, 2004
posted
Check the AWI website, they sell lots of videos...

http://www.awi-net.org/store/view_frm.asp?strCat_id=2

I saw one on modern German clock movements. Hope this helps.

Posts: 30 | Location: Maple Heights, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Welcome Aboard Michael and thanks George for your great suggestion. Welcome to both of you. Thanks for getting involved with Chapter 185 guys!

In addition to the AWI Video suggestion George made you may find the NAWCC Library a good choice. All of us as NAWCC Members may borrow books, videos and DVD presentations from the NAWCC Library at no charge. There is a live
NAWCC Library link at the top of our site and here's a copy...

NAWCC Library, Live Link

You'll see there are thirty-four pages of items available.

Again guys, thanks for coming on board and enjoy the ride!

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002