Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

I must say i am very pleased with myself. "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Stephen L. Russell
posted
I have a bad habit of carrying old verges and fusee's rather then my limited USA RR grade collection when i go out.

I take my son out every day for a walk either though our property or to Royal Roads....during these little trips, I being a photo fiend, hit the dirt or climb a tree as I see fit to shoot my son best...and with alot of enjoyment...but damage to my old watches as they do not take well to impacts. Roll Eyes

Sadly this is not the way to treat a verge or fusee.

I have lost a few to the impacts and have stopped this habit.

The reason why i am pleased is a managed to rebuild a duplex on my own...this puppy is ticking away perfectly as I type.

This is a watch i killed on a walk with my son...one too many dives into the dirt for the right picture.

So I with no training and only a IP in mechanical technology I took this puppy apart..found the problem on the second go and though a miracle of karma put this back together and got it running perfectly.

I know this is a long story for a little deal but I am most happy with my self for this...these s12(equivalent) are difficult without magnification or skill!

I removed the escape wheel and lever thinking that was the concen...nope I was wrong..and let me tell you those are a bugger to align with a mechanics tool box Smile

It was the safety roller.it was spinning on the shaft.

Posts: 849 | Location: Victoria, British Columbia Canada | Registered: December 05, 2003
posted
Stephen could you post some pictures of the movement ? It would be interesting to see.
Do you have a old Westclox to take on a walk or maybe a old Standard.Too bad to damage your prize possesions.

posted
Very cool, Stephen!!! Glad to hear about your successful repair! YAY!! Big Grin

Posts: 315 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: April 07, 2005
posted
Thanks guys.

I see I posted this in the wrong section tho Roll Eyes it was a watch not a clock Eek

Posts: 849 | Location: Victoria, British Columbia Canada | Registered: December 05, 2003
posted
It did not even occur to me that you posted in clocks, not watches! I followed your story. But now that you mention it, it would be pretty funny to think that you were schlepping a clock around in your pants pocket, LOL Big Grin

Posts: 315 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: April 07, 2005
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
ALL RIGHT STEPHEN!!! Way to go. That is how to take the fear out of picture taking! Roll Eyes

Now, point your camera (for a few minutes) from your son to the watch and let us in on visualizing your (other) accomplishment. Big Grin

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
here it is..