Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which book is best "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
I am looking to buy a book on clock repair..also looking for a price guide on clocks.

which book would be the best one for me to buy or do i need to look at more than one..

I have a old watchmakers course (32 books in the set) that was a great help to me when i started repairing watches several years ago.. is there anything like this made for clock repair..

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
posted
Well Samie,I think I can offer you a little advice.Personally I like the Steven Conover Clock Repair Books.They are well written and profusely illustrated and they cover a wide range of movements and repairs. http://www.clockmakersnewsletter.com./ The Philip Balcomb books are also very popular.Although its not a repair text in the true sense I would also recommend Practical Clock Escapements by Lurie Penman.It's a great reference book with a wealth of info as it pertains to the various clock escapements.One book that I have found to be a great reference text is Questions And Answers Of And For The Clockmaking Profession put out by the A.W.I..You may want to check that one out also.It has some great repair techniques that you can reference.
I hope this little bit of info is of some use to you.Best of luck with your clock repair endeavors
Respectfully,Bob Fullerton

Posts: 181 | Location: New Castle, Delaware U.S.A. | Registered: December 15, 2004
posted
Couldn't say it any better'n RM: Just fewer words. CONOVER, BALCOMB, & PENMAN.

Howard S. McElroy

Posts: 8 | Location: Mesquite, Texas USA | Registered: October 04, 2005
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Thanks everone for the info..i have checked out the links and i will order these books looks like what i need.. Smile
Thanks again

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004